Monday, April 13, 2009

Chicken Avgolemono: Round 2 With Gusto


I wrote a post on Chicken Avgolemono back in March. I'm remembering not being pleased with the way my sauce turned out and more than likely due to a messed up bedtime during the point of critical mass. This sauce is really delicious but takes focus and concentration like a gravy. Actually, it doesn't so much take focus, but constant stirring and occasionally paying attention to the heat and the thickness. I love that it's so light yet it feels totally decadent and creamy. I also remember being displeased with my picture, and in retrospect, I can see why! We were thrilled with the taste of tonight's dish and I liked the plating better. Check the link above for the recipe. The only things I did differently tonight were using 3 lbs chicken breasts instead of tenders, and I left out the broccoli. I wished I had asparagus on hand, but I didn't. To make up for the increase in chicken, I used about 3 cups of chicken stock, 5 eggs and 6 tbsps of lemon juice. But we have tons of leftover sauce, so that really wasn't necessary. If you can tell the color change in the sauce on this round, that's totally due to my doing a better job on browning my chicken from the get go. Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. At first I was a bit intimidated by making a sauce but with G.Love in my back pocket and Lanie in my heart I gave it a try! And guess what? It was the most flavorful meal I have had in weeks no probably months! Thank you Chef Lane! Delicious! Praise to you and this recipe! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete